***I was given a free sample of the Harbor Sweets Gather chocolates to review. I was not given any other products or samples to try. All of my opinions are my own and truly are my favorite things.***
I love presents. It’s my main love language and anytime gifts are involved, well, it’s my favorite time of year. So here are my favorite things for this year and I hope you or your gift recipient will love them as much as I do.
- Chocolates: Who doesn’t love getting a luxurious box of chocolates? A bonus to these Gather chocolates is that a portion of their sales gets donated to the Pollinator Partnership, which educates and advocates best beekeeping practices to protect honeybees. A box of Gather contains either six or twelve individual honey-infused dark chocolates. My favorites are the Caramelized Honey and the Cashew Caramel. Of course, I also love that these are from Salem, MA – just a little north of me! You can order them online – they ship worldwide! It’s a perfect host/hostess gift as well as for your neighbors, teachers and that favorite babysitter.
- A subscription to The New Yorker magazine: Many will tell you that print is obsolete, but no! It’s a treasure to get snail mail in the form of a beautiful, well-written and entertaining magazine. It will make you a bit smarter, classier and an all around great conversationalist. Plus, I love their cartoons. It’s perfect for the cousin in college or your favorite uncle in Florida.
- A Unicorn Tee from Brave New World Designs: It’s got gold glitter and a unicorn! It’s a must-have for any wardrobe. When you wear this t-shirt, you will do incredible and amazing things and you will feel as magical as a unicorn. I am a little biased since I know the designer and she is certainly as magical as a unicorn. I also love shopping on Etsy for unique gifts and this completely fits the bill. You can personalize the birth year for your unicorn and check out her other designs as well! This is perfect for your best friend and for all the unicorns in your life.
- One of my favorite gifts to give is from Heifer.org: You can gift animals, empower women and provide basic needs. It’s the perfect charitable gift because a gift of a goat provides income, milk and increased access that truly help families in need. With your gift donation, you can create a card to give on the site. I usually purchase a small stuffed animal or small ornament that represents the animal we choose to attach to the card and remind them of their gift. It’s the perfect gift for the person who has everything!
- Original art by one of my favorite artists A’Driane Nieves: You can purchase her art from two sites – Saatchi Art or her own A’Driane Nieves. I first met A’Driane backstage at BlogHer during Voices of the Year and it changed my life. She has been a powerhouse of artistic expression and a great source of inspiration for me, personally. She somehow is able to capture my feelings and put it on a canvas. Original art is such a treasure to give, especially to your favorite people.
Of course, all of you are on my favorites list this year. Thank you for reading and following along with me this past year. I wish you the peace, love and joy for this holiday season!